You’re ready for new glasses. But how do you know which frames will best suit your features?
Some people take pictures of all the pairs they try on and send them to their friends, family or coworkers for feedback. But that’s time consuming and not particularly efficient.
Here's a better way! Learn what frame features to look to suit the size and shape of your face, as well as your skin tone.
Below are a handful of tips that are sure to help select your frame.
What's Your Face Shape?
The secret to finding your perfect frames is choosing a pair that best suits your face shape.
You see, our features vaguely resemble particular geometric shapes.
- Heart-shaped faces have a narrow chin, a wide forehead and cheeks, and are sometimes topped off with a widow’s peak hairline
- Round faces have full cheeks, a more rounded hairline and chin, and are similar in width and length
- Oval faces are similar to round faces, except longer and thinner
- Square faces have a strong jawline and forehead, and are roughly equal in width and length
So a pair of rectangular frames on a square face will further emphasize the squareness, but rounder glasses can help soften those angles. Rectangular frames are best suited for an oval or round face.
If you don’t already know your face shape, just look in the mirror, close one eye, and draw the outline of your face with a washable marker. The end result should resemble one of the above-mentioned shapes.
Size and Color Matter
Consider the size and color of the frames, along with their shape. They should be the right size for your face—not too big and not too small. This is true for both adults and children.
If you have a cool skin tone, colors to consider for your frames are blue, pink, blue-grey, silver, black, or rose-brown.
If you have warmer skin tones, frame colors like warm blue, off-white, fire-engine red, orange, copper, peach, copper or gold tend to look better.
Looking for Your Ideal Frames? We Can Help!
Want to look great and see clearly? Pop on over and select from a wide range of high-quality designer frames and independent eyewear that match your personal style.
If you need any help, our dedicated optician will happily help you find something that will make you feel confident as ever. Our inclusive selection of sunglasses, eyeglasses, reading glasses, and contact lenses guarantee that you'll achieve clear and comfortable vision in style.
Contact or visit Optometry at Redwood Shores in Redwood City so we can start looking for the perfect frames for you.
At Optometry at Redwood Shores, we put your family's needs first. Talk to us about how we can help you maintain healthy vision. Call us today: 650-264-9887 or book an appointment online to see one of our Redwood City eye doctors.
Want to Learn More? Read on!
- A: When choosing frames for your child, the most important factor is to let them help in the selection process. When children are allowed to choose their glasses frames they will be much more likely to wear them.
- A: Optometrists recommend updating to new glasses every one to three years as needed.
If your prescription has changed, you should definitely get a new pair to prevent eye strain and increase comfort.